"All the News That's Fit to Print"

Yup. Apparently, I'm fit to print. The New York Times put together a nice little paragraph about one red paperclip in the 'What's Online' portion of the Business Section. You can read all about it right here: (look below the KFC bit ....) http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/12/business/media/12online.html So that was cool, it even kinda fits into my personal motto: "Always look past the fried chicken." In additional self-plugging news, a few days ago I went to the 'Hot Sites' section of the USA Today website looking for a way to submit a link about one red paperclip ...when I stumbled across a fun little treat: www.usatoday.com/tech/hotsites/11-10-hotsites.htm I guess I'll need to update the site with a warning at the top: "Caution, contents are hot." That should be fun. If you see an artice about one red paperclip, don't hesitate to share! have fun, Kyle PS - NYCers I'm at the Holiday Inn in New York with the generator. I want to trade it! Send me an offer! I've got my car here! I can deliver it to your place! I'll even bring you some fried chicken! oneredpaperclip@gmail.com

4 comments:

R2K said...

I hope it all works out...

Rocketry
Bathroom Review

TheLoneCodeman said...

Hi,

Just wanted to say good luck and what a GREAT idea. Great blog!

Resident Weevil said...

Great idea and all, but remember you're supposed to be trading. It seems that you're starting to fixate on charting the rise of an internet celebrity. Understandable, but we haven't seen an update on trade offers since Nov. 9. Focus on why you're here, we all want to see you get that house!

eben said...

hi kyle,
i am the illustrator that does the artwork for the 'what's online' column in the new york times. during the sketching phase, i presented some versions that featured you and your paperclip. there are a few people involved in the process, and the decision was to go with the drawing of doughnut chickens. although these sketches did not become the final, i did want you to know that i spent some time drawing paperclips last week, thus you rank right up there with fried chicken in my book.

good luck with your paperclip endeavor,
alex eben meyer.