Writely Wrocks

Wow. Just when you thought it wasn't possible to live a more highly-itinerant yet highly-productive creative lifestyle with zero organization skills, Google ups the ante again. Writely is huge. I've only used it for the last three hours, but I think I will pretty much never use Microsoft word again. Ever. Writely stores all your documents on a hard drive. Somewhere. I have no idea where my stuff is, and don't really care - I just like the fact that I can access anything I've ever written from anywhere, anytime. I'll never have to keep a hard copy of anything ever again. Of course, Google can screw up exactly zero times or everybody will jump ship and it brings up all kinds of privacy issues (make no mistake - Google is big brother), but it sure beats my former system of scrap pieces of paper shoved in shoeboxes in about thirty different places.

It's kinda like Wiki, but without any rules. Or the word "wiki".

Oh yeah, they got spreadsheets too...

Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mwahahaha... Google IS big brother... it says I that Safari is an unsupported browser when i try to open writely.com Anyways, I heard you on the radio (CBC Radio One) here on Montreal, where I now live, this morning (though I had heard of your paper clip thing a while ago), and I come from Saskatchewan. So, I am digging your whole Montreal connection, and the Kipling thing. I wish I were there for your housewarming... it is probably one of the more groovy things to happen there for awhile. Though I think that town's council is very cool... if all of Sask had been that forwardthinking with that sense of humour, I might have stayed there. Congrats and have a great time. What a great idea, and how amazing you carried it out in one year!