offers for one afternoon with Alice Cooper

achall
**IMPORTANT**
These offers are for one afternoon with Alice Cooper. If you want to make a trade for any of these items listed below, PLEASE MAKE ME AN OFFER FOR THE ONE YOU WANT! It will be very easy for me to choose which of the below items to take if my next trade is already lined up! Thanks - Kyle. BE CREATIVE! I'm not holding out for any offer in particular and I don't expect to get a house for one afternon with Alice Cooper. However, my offer still stands that I will trade one afternoon with Alice Cooper for a REAL General Lee - which I'm sure we can all agree will be the best intermediate trade item of all time. Ever.
********** OFFERS FOR ONE AFTERNOON WITH ALICE COOPER ********** Hi Kyle, I have been racking my brain to come up with "the offer of all offers", but alas, I find that the best I can do is offer my 57 inch TV with surround system that I purchased less than 1 year ago. It's the only thing I own free and clear. If I owned a home, I would give it to you Kyle - lock, stock, and barrel just to spend one afternoon with Alice Cooper. I'm a 47 year old Alice Cooper junkie and Alice was huge when I was in high school in the 70's. My older brother and I use to steal each other's Alice albums - he had one, I'd have another - it was great! I've followed Alice Cooper's career ever since. Being the only girl of the family (I had 3 brothers), my mother would not let me attend concerts, although my brothers were allowed, so I saw my first Alice Cooper show in October of 2001 in NJ. My son (age 19) bought the tickets for me as a birthday present - WOW! I couldn't talk for three days!!! We went again the following October - same effect! Now I have always hoped that one day I would get to meet Alice Cooper to thank him for the many years of entertainment he has brought, and continues to bring to my life, but I have to say, Kyle, you have a daunting task with all the great offers that have been made, to have to choose only one. I have to honestly say that if I were you, my offer would rank kind of low on the totem pole - but that's OK. My 17 year old daughter asked me how would I live with myself if I didn't throw my "top hat" into the ring and try? She's right - so there it is! I offer my 57 inch TV with the awesome surround sound system that I watch my Alice Cooper DVD's on for one afternoon with Alice Cooper - it will sure look great in the living room of your house when you get it!! I can't wait to see what offer wins Wednesday night! Thanks - this has been great fun! Jacci ********** 100_0119.JPG 100_0121.JPG Kyle, for one afternoon with Alice Cooper I will offer you a Kiss snow globe. This is an electric snow globe and it lights up and has a motor to automatically make it "snow". This is a big snow globe. I also have the original box it came in.(see pics) The globe and the box are in mint condition. Mark ********** Hi Kyle, Before I make my offer, I would like to give you some background on why this means so much to me. I took my son to his first concert for his 9th birthday. You guessed it, we saw Alice Cooper. Matthew loved all his music from back in the day so it was only natural. Matt is now 14 and I have taken him to see Alice every year since. His bedroom looks like Cooper central with various items from shows, stores, and EBay. Last year, I was fortunate enough to purchase tickets with a meet and greet package. My son actually got to meet Alice and have his guitar signed by the legend himself! You have no idea what a Mother feels when she sees the look of elation in their childs eyes. At that moment in time, I was the best Mom in the entire world - yes I was!!! My son will be starting high school in the fall and that is when kids begin to pull away from their parents. Before that happens, I want to give Matt one more memory that he will never forget. I am willing to offer $1000 in Massachusetts scratch tickets in $1, $5, or $10 denominations. I know it's not a fire truck, but it's the best I can do. Do you feel lucky Kyle? Your new house could be just a scratch away! ********** Dear Kyle, We are huge Alice Cooper fans so I'm going to make you a pretty fair offer for the afternoon with Allice Cooper. 1,000 Glow Stick Powered Basketball or Volleyball packages. (a $20,000 retail value). I'll even include any name or logo on all the balls. If your interested, check out the products here: www.flybynightsports.com/store.html If I don't hear from you then good luck with your venture for a new house. Earl ********* Hey Kyle: My name is Gino, I am a martial arts school owner near Pittsburgh Pa., and a very huge Alice fan,I am willing to trade 2 years free martial arts instruction at my dojo. I will also throw in two free karate uniforms. Let me know what you think. My website is houseofmartialarts.homestead.com - Thanks, Gino Bovo ********** KYLE: Tin Weasel (Pro Rock Cover Band) will play 4 Hours of Classic and Contemporary Rock (Live) for any Event in CA NV or AZ (Wedding, Corporate, Grad Party, Whatever). Our normal charge is $900 to $2500 for a Performance (depending on how much lighting, sound, travel, etc is required). If you want to put that up for Trade, we will accept the "Alice Day" and will NOT utilize the "Alice Day" until we have performed for the Trade Winner. Let me know. I think you may get a taker. BARRY HEGRENES President www.garagebanned.net *********** hi kyle, first of all i have to tell you i think what you are doing is genius and hilarious and of course creative. i would love an afternoon with alice cooper. his wit and intelligence would be an evening to remember. i have one of three options to trade; 1. a living room concert at the home of your choosing with janis ian or 2. a 40 1 hour therapy sessions a year with me either by phone or at my office for 2 years ( i am a psychotherapist in practice for 23 years, near orlando; specializing in relationships, acoa issues, recovery and personal evolvement) or 3. train your dog to become a psychological service dog for any mental/emotional issues you may have ; ) good luck to you on this journey!! warmly marcie cramer www.psychservicedogs.org ********** My boyfriend is one of the biggest Alice fans around. I would like to trade you all that I have, my talent of spirit mediumship. I offer you 1 reading each week for 30 minutes via either email or phone (at my charge). I have been a spirit medium (aka psychic, but better) for over 30 years and currently work with police agencies on missing persons and murder cases. You can learn more about me from www.tangledwishes.com Warm Regards, Kristy ********* Kyle, My Daughter is a big Alice fan (so am I), I would trade 1500 shares of Hempline Inc. It is a private company going public and I will give 1500 shares of Hempline or 1500 shares of Yonge Street Capital which is the public company Hempline is taking over, your choice! Regards, David *********** WE HAVE A 1974 WELL PRESERVED FIRE TRUCK (PUMPER) THAT WE WOULD LIKE TO TRADE FOR THE ALICE COOPER DEAL. GREAT FOR LARGE-GROUP WET T-SHIRT CONTESTS & KEG RUNS. GREAT FOR THE HABITUAL DRUNK DRIVING OFFENDER, AS THE POLICE WILL NOT PULL OVER FIRE TRUCKS. THANKS FOR CONSIDERING OUR OFFER. BOB & TOM ROCK!!! CHERYL & ROBERT BAUMANN SARDINIA OH ********** hey whats up dude! for the afternoon with ALICE COOPER i would like to offer tattoo time in my Middlesex, New Jersey tattoo studio HOUSE OF 1000 TATTOOS. i am willing to do up to a full sleeve or a full backpiece. depending on the desired artwork and time involved inking you, which greatly depends on your ability to sit still .the total value will be around $5000 depending on those factors.my portfolio is available for you to view any time just let me know and ill send pics. i do full custom work in any style anything from old school traditional,huge cover-ups in black&grey and color, portrait work, biomech, custom tribal to just about any idea you can think of and have 12 years in the business.looking forward to hearing from you! thanks for your time! rick schreck *********** Hey Kyle, i got a couple of offers for the Alice Cooper meet and greet, first of all i have a rolex watch authentic of course,1980s stainless steel model in fine working form, i collect them so i only buy good pieces, or secondly i can offer a phone number which is quite famous its the JENNY song from tommy tutone, 867 5309.,.. anyhow i own the number and i get hoards of calls from everywhere from people wanting too talk 2 jenny, let me know, ciao and take care, Alex ********** Kyle, I would like to offer you a trade for the afternoon with Alice Cooper. My dad is a huge rock fan (and a huge Bob & Tom fan...that's how I heard about this trade). I would love to acquire this opportunity for him for Father's Day. In exchange for one afternoon with Alice Cooper, I am offering a gray 1988 Ford Thunderbird that runs great, although it does have a broken fuel gauge (I watch the mileage), a "disconnected" sway bar, and a hidden oil leak. In addition to the T-bird, I will include $200 worth of Tupperware (I am a Tupperware consultant), a batch of homemade sugar cookies, and a $50 donation to the Defenders of Wildlife in your name or a loved one's name. Please think about my offer because I would love to give this once in a lifetime opportunity to meet Alice Cooper to my dad. Thanks, Rachel www.my.tupperware.com/rachelstrong ********** Hi, My name is Patrick Holl, I am the President of Mid West Music Video and I would like to offer a trade for the Day with Alice Cooper, I would like to trade a $6000.00 Custom Video Package, "Regular Rates Apply" Travel Charges not included in the trade, and must be used with in 1 year of the trade. You can visit Midwestmusicvideo.com and see everything the package includes. I am a HUGE Alice Cooper fan, and would trade just about anything for this. Thank you, Patrick Holl ********* Okay so we have an idea that may just put you in a higher value of trading. We work for a nonprofit that currently has a building that has been unnamed. Having a building named after your family would normally cost at least a million. We will offer our Learning Center to be named after your family or maybe One Red Paper Clip. The ORP. The Learning Center is located in central Phoenix, good notoriety, and hot market. Here is a quick overview of what we do in Arizona. Tumbleweed Center for Youth Development Serving abused, abandoned, troubled and neglected youth in our community since 1973. Tumbleweed serves our homeless, runaway, and at risk youth in Phoenix, Arizona. We provide shelter, counseling, outreach, job development, education, and more to youths ages nine up to age twenty-two. http://Tumbleweed.org So would you like your family name sealed in history? Value = Over a million Reason- Why not, don't we all want a building named after us? -Meghan ********** Hi Kyle. I applaud your novel idea for trading up for a house! I own a very cool specialty coffee shop called Javalina's Coffee & Friends. Javalina's is located in Tucson, Arizona, a metropolitan area of about a million people, and we feature live music on Friday and Saturday nights. I would trade a free drink every day for a year for an afternoon with Alice Cooper, plus I would let my 2,000+ newsletter subscribers know about your unique idea for procuring a house. In addition, if Alice was willing to do a two-hour evening performance at my shop instead of the afternoon, I'll list the show in our newspapers and local radio station calendars as well as on my website and link to your website. I'll also do my best to catch the attention of the local media in hopes of getting a write-up in the paper which would further get the word out about your quest for a house. By the way, if you could make it to Arizona for the afternoon or evening with Alice, you would have the opportunity to spend some time with him up close and personal yourself. Thank you for considering my offer, and best wishes for successfully getting the house of your dreams! Bonnie Vining - Javalina's Coffee & Friends - www.javalinas.com/calendar.html ********** I offer camping rights to our backyard for 6 months in Meridian Mississippi, one of the most boring and pitifull towns in the south. We are moving out tomorrow, and the house is for sale. We'd love to offer six months in our charming home's backyard, since it means folks from all over the world will see that it's for sale ! By the way, it's a very reasonable asking price of only $99,000. On the event that the house sells before the camping (squatting) time is complete, the lucky camper will win an all expenses paid Greyhound Transport trip to the beach! Camping is such great fun, what else could you ask for ? ********** Hi Kyle, I'd like to make an offer for the afternoon with Alice Cooper. Since Alice is an avid golfer, we are offering 10,000 lifetime memberships with DateAGolfer.com. Each membership currently costs $9.99US because we are running a special so this is a value of $99,990.00US. Our regular price for a lifetime membership is $99.99US so if we decide to stop our current special and go back to our regular price, the value of the 10,000 memberships will go up, potentially to almost $1,000,000US. The person who takes possession of the memberships is free to sell them at whatever cost they would like. Even though we are currently charging $9.99, they may sell them at a discount or at an inflated price if they wish. They may even give them away as gifts if they wish. As a side note, I'm going to see Alice tonight in Halifax...can't wait! Thanks for considering our offer and congratulations on an incredible idea. I thought the Million Dollar Homepage was neat, but this is even better! - Mike ********** To trade I will give 12 concert tickets to see Casey Pilgreen & The Born South Band. If you are from Texas then you know Casey Pilgreen he is the hottest thing to hit Texas. We will give you backstage pass at each concert. This is for the Concerts only how you get to the concerts will be up to you. I will also throw in a fan page just for you on his web site. (NO Adult pages or distasteful pages) That's right for one year you will have your fan page on www.caseypilgreen.net. Thanks for the site and the trade idea. Billie ********** I will trade you 1 holiday week at a resort(Villa Del Palmar) in Cabo San Lucas for the afternoon with Alice. Imagine spending new years eve in Cabo!!!!!!! -- Brenda. ********** Hi, my husband, Steve, would love to golf with Alice Cooper. In exchange, I would be happy to put in a small (10' x 10') summer garden for someone here in Phoenix -- consultation on what would work, dirt, mulch and plants and labor included! I am Jeanne Winograd. Hope someone likes this idea. :-) ********** I would trade you one rosewood xylophone. It has three full octaves and a case. It is a professional instrument, not used for many years, in great condition. I also have an electric guitar, Washburn model A10, if you would rather have that. I’d trade either one. Thanks, Bob ********** Hey man, I work in the country music industry in Nashville, TN (I do radio promotions) I will offer a full year of radio promotion (getting your song played on the radio - about a $36,000 value!) in exchange for the afternoon with Alice Cooper! Thanks! Matthew Wilkes ********** Kyle, my name is Kelsey and I live in the happening college and outdoor town of Missoula, Montana. I heard about you "trading up" your paper clip on the news....rad stuff. Anyway, I don't know if you are bartering just for the house or what, I'm a little confused. Anyway, I am willing to barter a weekend in Missoula, with guided flyfishing on your choice of our many Blue Ribbon trout Streams with a professional guide. Food and Lodging will be provided. All I can promise is a good time. I know it's not a house, but it seems to me, and I might be a bit confused, that there are all sorts of trades going on through your website. Please clear up my confusion and let me know whats up. I hope I can work something out with you or someone else. Meeting people is fun, and Missoula is awesome. Peace from Big Sky Country. Hope to hear back from you soon. Kelsey ********** one Anne Rice signed book collection and never opened 20th anniversary limited signed Interview With The Vampire, a triple signed by Anne 25th anniversary Playboy with bottle of Lestat Cuvee wine - Denise ********** Kyle, Man am I torn! Alice Cooper (a favorite since my teen years) vs. a tour of Air Force Two. Seems to me that the Alice Cooper afternoon holds far greater value. In addition, the AF2 deal includes gaining clearance from the Secret Service. No scofflaws need apply! That could severly limit you trading partners. How dare I possibly tie your hands as such! So you ask - Is the Air Force Two thing for real? Further, who the hell has ever heard of AF2? OK. Here's the deal. It is real, and it flies Washington D.C. dignitaries (except for the President) all over the world. And how can some lowly Hoosier possibly hook me up with such a deal? Well, my best friend's brother is currently on of the pilots of this craft. Can I pass off my rights to tour the aircraft? I have my doubts. I knew however that I could no longer withhold this information from you. It is yours to now deal with! David Kelly - Greenfield, IN ********** Hi, I'd like to trade space for you for 1 week in my RV at Burningman 2006. I have a 30 ft RV with air conditioning, shower, toilet, kitchen which will be well suited for spending the week in during the heat and playa dust stirred up by the wind. I have all the towels, medical kit, and accessories needed for camping. I'll do all the driving from SF area, make sure you can shower and even have a golf cart to cruise in for the deep playa trips. I work at the BMIR Radio station, so you would be able, if you like to join me on my nightly 9-10pm Sexy Sunburn Erotic hour of music show. I'll be throwing in some booze and hauling off your trash for you. You just need to come with your clothes and your favorite food. Thanks for this opportunity, Sunburn Sarah 48cc.jpg 4266211A.jpg **********

89 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what America is all about. Bartering, using your brain and creativity, giving and taking, no CASH INVOLVED. I love it and I think you are the bomb. God Bless and Good Luck

Anonymous said...

I think that this is really cool man! Keep at it!
Nevin

Anonymous said...

wow u are my hero

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your quest. I'd trade the house I live in, but my mom would be mad. I might try your idea with a pink paper clip and trade up to a banked track (inline skating track).

Peter

Anonymous said...

Hold out, man! You can get better. It's Alice Cooper! There's gotta be some rich guy out there who wants to meet him.

Anonymous said...

I would forgo the trailer offer. That’s less of a trade than the one year rent free in phoenix that got you here. Now if somebody is actually able to trade you there spot to see AF2; that, might be worth it. But there has got to be some security issues with that whole thing. All in all, I love watching your trades, this is better than watching “Pong”!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! You are an inspiration to all! Keep it up! One Red Paperclip (O.R.P) I hope you get to travel to lots of countries to promote O.R.P!!!

Anonymous said...

hey man i am from jacksonville, fl and i just heard you on the raido that u had to rock 105, I think what you are doing is such a kick ass thing bro, u rock and i hope that you get that house of yours.

Anonymous said...

All I'd like to say is I don't think you should set yourself a stop date. By that date, do you really think you'll get the house? If you don't have your house, then don't stop. You set out with a goal, make sure you acheive it.

Either way, you've done an incredible thing, house or no house. I just think it would be such a shame to end it early.

Well done for all you've done so far.

Anonymous said...

the truth is that i am jealous of the creative juices emanating from you, sir kyle macdonald. envious, even. franks for the entertainment, and also the reminder that canada can TOTALLY be, you know, interesting. *cough* i really DO stand on guard for thee.. *cough* keep it up, otherelse i sha'nt have anything to entertain me... kind of.

Anonymous said...

i wish i had something to trade... that burning man offer is one of a kind! a one of a kind experience like burning man... in luxury.... totally worth more than a year of rent. brilliant offer.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anon. you don't know what you're missing out on by taking a pass on the RV trip to burningman with the lovely 'sunburn'. This woman is the consummate hostess and has hours upon hours of funny experiances to regale you with. oh and btw that picture doesn't do her justice, she's a real hottie too.

Anonymous said...

hold out for the duke's car! your sure to get it! totally worth it to an alice junky.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, all the best for your future trades. I think its an awesome idea in hope ya get your house soon.
Alan, New Zealand.

Unknown said...

I love following this blog. Kick Ass Man

Anonymous said...

Ok, forget the RV thing, that is definitely a trade down. You should be holding out a bit longer for bigger and better things. There must be someone out there who is in love with Alice Cooper and is willing to forgo something huge. As a fello canuck, I would like to say kudos to you and your creativity, and don't forget to milk this red paperclip phenomenon for all its worth (:

Cheers,
Aly from Calgary
(thats in Canada...)

Anonymous said...

now those are some wacked out offers. although missoula is cool it's not worth trading a day with alice cooper. and i see that the creepy salesmen are finding out about you. what the hell is 'dateagolfer'??? that is scary. i think you are really close to getting that house. if you can only get someone to actually give you a new rv you will be well on your way.
jay

Anonymous said...

Thats what i call an ass-kickin idea. Good luck with your trades and maybe some day you could be my neighbor here in wonderful Aachen..
Dirk from Aachen - Germany

Anonymous said...

Ok I would take the Casey Pilgreen cause he is a kick ass singer we heard him when he was in Tennessee!

Anonymous said...

Take the anne rice collection and the Lestat wine ~nods~

Anonymous said...

I just heard about this amazing phenomenon of the red paper clip. It is truely amazing to see what someone can get their hands on if they have creativity. It is truely amazing what you have accomplished so far best of luck with your trading journey. Jen from CA

Anonymous said...

clearly, your message has not traveled the required distance. somewhere, some dude is sitting in his garage, completely unsatisfied with the new mustang his parents gave him for his birthday, because rock'n'roll is all he believes in, and he is wishing that somehow, he could just speak for a couple of minutes with one of the greats. next week, out of sheer boredom, that guy is going to be browsing aimlessly on the net. give it time, he is out there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kyle
My name is Kristen from a little town in Ontario called Innerkip, heard about your journey on the local news. Congrats. I can't believe how awesome it is that your bartering idea is actually working. Good luck with everything, I really hope you do get your house, although I must say that if you do I will be a little bit jealous that I didn't think of the idea first lol.
I wish I had something worthy to offer you, I will keep following your progress though, maybe someday sometime I will have something to offer.

Anonymous said...

1. Dateagopher.com: Dude, that is the funniest site I've ever seen in my life.
2. Burning man in an RV: Um yeah right, Burningman ticket=$250, RV rental=$300, booze=$50, sun-burned woman=$free :)
3. Fly fishing: Sounds nice, but not very tradeable.

The tricky thing is that a meeting with Alice Cooper is completely intangible. How the hell do you valuate something like that? Apparently, Cooper thinks that an afternoon of his time is worth a year's rent in Phoenix (approx: USD$10,000). I could see that, considering that he probably gets paid twice that to appear on a radio show. Where are all the radio stations offering you cool things for the chance to hang with the Coopster?

By the way, what happened to the offer from the retired porn star? Was that too racy, or was it just some joker trying to bait you into creating demand for some porn?

Anonymous said...

I say the radio promotion, the Casey Pilgreen, or the fishing trip will go the best, but you could prob. hold out for smthg better.

Anonymous said...

I hope you haven't backed yourself into a corner and taken a step back with this trade... I'm totally cheering for you. Rock on!!

The record contract, or summer in Hollywood would be looking real sweet next to all these options. Holdout for someting better...

Anonymous said...

Do the name a building thing. It's for a good cause and will bring them some publisity which should help them out. What you are doing is cool and I am getting that you are in it for the fun and you seem like a good guy. Wether you get the house or not, if you do something for charity the project will always be a success!!!

Anonymous said...

i think you should trade it in for a gold paper clip

Anonymous said...

your fracking amazingly crazy I can't beleive how far you can come on 1 paperclip

Marsh said...

you are making canadians proud the world over - im here in oz reading this and it's one of the coolest things i've seen in a long time!

Anonymous said...

Having a building named after you sounds best. But do they understand that the only time you'll stop the barter is when you've gotten your house? I wonder if half these people understand that you won't be keeping what you're recieving.

Anonymous said...

That's crazy. From a paperclip to Alice Cooper in 11 trades. what a world!...Is there some kinda mathematical formula that could determine the outcome of trade 179? The suspense is killing me.

Anonymous said...

Go with the building name! Some wealthy person would love to trade for that.

CMB said...

Go with the fire engine. Now. I mean it. Seriously can you think of a single reason why you wouldn't want a fire engine to ride around in for the next few weeks?

Anonymous said...

The Building name is kind of neat, but if you don't live there, I don't think it holds much appeal. I'm in Arkansas, and a building with my name thousands of miles away, just doesn't thrill me.

I say the video or recording contracts are pretty good. But like many others, I think you should hold out a little more. There's got to be some massive Cooper fans that would LOVE to get in on this trade!

I just heard of this on Bob and Tom - who ROCK! - and you are doing a great thing here! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I also encourage you to go with the "name a building" offer. It has to potential to attract the attention of a company that would see this as very desirable. They would get naming rights and publicity. Nonetheless, to get to a different level, you need to attract folks with lots of capital. Naming a building should get you into that league.
Good luck! -HadMad Superdad

Anonymous said...

You will for sure get a good trade for a chance to hang out with Alice Cooper. Im surprised all the females that were all about him once are not jumping on this opportunity. Try to hold out a little longer bro and some one will throw a good trade at you. In the mean time kick back and revel in your originality. Lates K.C.

Anonymous said...

I would like to give props to Javalina's Coffee & Friends for finding a way to get some free advertising while making a ridiculous offer.

Anonymous said...

I have a GREEN paperclip.... It'd make a GREAT christmas decoration, IF you had the two of them...

Trev said...

I'd say go for the firetruck. That has the most "cool" value.

Anonymous said...

Watch out. I think some of the people putting up offers and links are just using your ingenuity for free advertising. They want a free house from you.

Anonymous said...

i think you should go with the jenny number- 867-5309 - its priceless and great advertiseing idea for a car dealership or any kind of bussiness

Anonymous said...

please do not take any of that crap

Anonymous said...

OK, whatever you do. Don't take the glowstick basket ball or vollyball package. That may be the dumbest thing I ever seen. I mean unless that basket ball hoop glows, or the people you're playing vollyball with glow, what's the point? Just thought I'd offer that advice.

Anonymous said...

I think you've gone backwards a step, one year for 1 afternoon? Oh well, You should take the vintage Firetruck. Sardinia, Ohio gets no publicity ever!!! Thats the best deal so far.

Anonymous said...

I first found out you were doing this while reading the newspaper. I think the idea is very cool! My friend told me about someone who barterd a marble up to a washing machine. I hope you get your house soon and find a job you like.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if people will try to throw Kyle off the scent by offering him a house for one of the items he currently has up? That's right, let's all mess with Kyle! :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, I am from Australia, and your saga is huge even down here... It's a great concept and I hope it goes well for you, I only wish I had've thought of it! Anyway thought I'd just give you a cheerio and say go for the firetruck mate, my uncle has a similar one and they are HEAPS of fun... The added advantage is you can use it a bit before you trade it off too!

Anonymous said...

the building name sounds like the best offer you have to me, do know what some people would give up to know that their name would be around long after theyre gone?

Anonymous said...

Go for naming the building. It would put you in a whole new league. None of the other offers except the radio station gig are worth a potential $10,000 plus but certainly someone would trade the equivalent like a cool car to have a building named for them. That's chicken feed for the rich. The radio station gig is tempting because the winner will get the added bonus of all that publicity so in reality it is worth more than a typical 1 year radio station gig would be. Plus the radio station is in the media and media helps YOU ultimately.

Anonymous said...

holy..... freakin genius man! my teacher told us about this. it's a good idea. it would be cool if someone offered to make a world record paper clip. and, of course, it would be red. that's just my idea. i wish i could do that.

Anonymous said...

Go for it dude - you made the news in Australia - more power to you. I would kill for the afternoon with Alice but I aint got nuthing to offer , sorry

Good luck hope you get your house

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Im wondering if anyone is wanting to trade for the orginal red paperclip??? We are intereted in offers... It is safe living on a picture frame in our house in Whistler BC..
WE really love it but the name of the game is to trade.. so if you have an offer email us at h8mtn@hotmail.com.. keep on trading. Kyle you rule..speak to you soon.
Corinna

rage_against_the_caffeine said...

I can't say i agree with all of the people who are saying you should take the building name. It's probably the best offer you have and the fire truck shouldn't be ruled out completely but your internet profile certainly isn't deminishing with all of this free publicity Alice Cooper is giving you. If i were you I'd wait this out for at least a month before I seriousely considered trading. Bigger and better things must be on the way!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, you can do it :p It would be amazing but it's possible, don't give up...

Written by a french guy called kikispas :)

Anonymous said...

Oh dear the offers seem to have dried up... I hope you have not reached saturation point. I really want to see the video of your house warming party. None of the offers seem to cut it yet hang in there. Maybe Alice Cooper was a retrograde step but at least you got to meet him for nothing in the bargain.
Good luck ORP

Michael, UK

Anonymous said...

be carefull with the jenney number i remember a new segment where the phone company says you cant sell the number because they own it you just use it!

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd toss out some free advice.

First, you have to consider what you want and, second, how you are going to get it.

You want a house, but let's define it a bit better. You want a house that is free and clear of all title or other entanglements. i.e. you want somebody to sign a house title over to you and have no liens or other debts on it (other than yearly taxes, insurance, repairs, improvements, upkeep, etc). You do not want a deal with somebody giving you the house and then promising to finish paying the mortgage, or a house with a lien on it, etc. Also, you want a house that is habitable. You don't want a house that is seriously damaged or in such disrepair that you can't live in it. You might have to accept a house that needs a little work, but not so much work that you can't get an occupancy certificate.

Now, you have to ask yourself, who owns their own house outright? (title paid off, no liens). Since most home mortages are fairly long term, most people that have them paid off are older. The only younger people that have their own house are either wealthy or inherited the house.

Ok, the most important question: Since a paid off house represents a great deal of stability and a store of wealth for a person, why would they give it away? What would entice a person to forgo selling their house and cashing out it's value and instead give it away to somebody in a trade? What would they trade it for, knowing that they can't go back to their house and will have to find a new place to move to and live? They will have no equity to purchase a new home with. They won't have a guaranteed place to sleep each night that they own, possibly for the rest of their life.

Now, factor in the above question of who owns their own house to the question of what they would give it up for.

The answer to that is what you need to work your next couple of trades for.

In order to entice an older person to give up their lifetime work of buying a house, maintaining it, raising their kids in it, and finally paying it off and retiring in their safety net won't be easy. You'd have to offer them a deal better than all that safety. Older people aren't going to normally act impulsively or without thinking. You'll need something pretty good, something that provides them with a new life that they want to go to. That apartment in Arizona might have been a possibility. An afternoon with Alice Cooper is not going to get an older person to give away their home.

If you have a younger person that owns their home, they are probaby wealthy or inherited the house. They might want an afternoon with Alice Cooper, but, if they are wealthy, can probably already arrange that. The younger person that inherited their house might want it, but after the afternoon, they don't have a place to live. That will probably stop them from taking the trade unless they act impulsively. I don't think any of the current offers will entice them to give up their house either.

The only other scenario that I can think of is a parent that owns a couple of houses and is willing to give one away for their son/daughter to get something really incredible. If that parent has enough money to afford to do that, then they can probably buy the incredible thing anyway; so you'd have to have a one-of-a-kind type of thing that money can't buy.

Good luck. You're going to have a really tough time with the end game in this trade. I think you'll probably get a bunch of very nice trades for cool things, but you're going to level off at this trade value unless you can find that one thing that appeals to a person that already owns their own home and is willing to toss out that incredible security net for what you have to trade. It's hard to imagine what would inspire a person to give up a fully paid home for, but I hope you can find it!

Anonymous said...

If you can somehow work yourself a trade for a trip on Spaceship One or one of the planned commercial Virgin Galactic space trips, I think someone would trade a house for that.

Anonymous said...

Why stop at a house??? why not trade up to your own island or a small country??

Anonymous said...

This is amazing.... I would totally trade for that tour of Air Force Two (I'm a politico junkie) - if I had anything of value. I heard about this on the radio, and I think it's awesome that someone is going out there and making his dreams come true with a paperclip for goodness sakes! Best of luck!

~Andrew

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is an amazing idea. I think a creative person like you deserves a nice house. I wish you the best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Well me and my dad were reading out local paper and we found your story in an article...i live in a town in northern ontatio. Well i think your idea is great. Keep it up and hold out on the offers until you find something worth of value lol...

Anonymous said...

wassaaaa!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude....a Kiss Snowglobe is your offer for an afternoon with Alice Cooper?! I'm sure it's a great snowglobe and all but I think an afternoon with a living legend is worth just a little bit more then that, don't you?? Kyle: I think this is an awesome thing you're doing. I check your website all the time to see what the latest offers are. I wish you the best of luck on your quest for a house!! St. John's, NL, Canada

Anonymous said...

ummmm.... about that KISS snowglobe.... check this out: http://www.kiss4sale.com/index.cfm?do=detail&productid=1855

its like 50 bucks... not worth even close to anything youve had since maybe the pen.....

Actually, when you do get that house, that paperclip will be worth a LOT!!!

Anonymous said...

I think you should consider moving from trading 1 for 1 to trading for multiple items. You've already proven that you can increase the value of smaller items, and you've got lots and lots of folks who are willing to do smaller trades. In other words, trading 2 $1,000 items for 4 $1,000 items is easier than finding somebody willing to trade 1 $2,000 item for 1 $4,000 item. As the value goes up I think it will get harder and harder. Also, you mitigate the risk that you end up trading an item that the market values very highly for an item that the market does not value very highly.

In any case, I wish you all the best!!

Anonymous said...

DEAR KYLE!
I HAVE THE ULTIMATE OFFER THAT YOU WILL EVER RECIEVE!!! I WILL TRADE YOU FOR YOUR AFTERNOON WITH ALICE COOPER, A EXCLUSIVE SECRET MESSAGE WRITTING UV SUPERMAN, LIMITED ADDITION, PEN. WITH LONG BATTERY LIFE, THIS PEN IS THE ULTIMATE IN DETECTIVE SPY GEAR.
YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT..... :D
WB
EMILY (chained_soul89@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

I do believe Anon., from the huge post about houses, has left out a couple of catagories.

First there are the landlords. These are the folks that own several houses and rent them out. Depending on how much they make for the rental in relation to how much they pay out for taxes etc, someone may well be willing to trade for a valuable item. After all, it's not putting them out of a home.

Another owner is the person who just inheirated Great Aunt Sally's little house in another city and has absolutely no use for it. The taxes are a drain and they don't want to be bothered about tenants. To this person the house is just a white elephant.

Finally there is the couple looking to downsize and go into a condo or possibly go on the road. For them, something like a motorhome might look like a decent trade, especially if they have no kids to leave anything to.

I think the house is do-able, Kyle. Just hang in there!

zoogirl (Ann)

Anonymous said...

You are incredible!

I say go for the Name-A-Building - it only makes sense and will get you and the nonprofit organization some publicity to further attract bigger, better offers!

Or, if that doesn't suit you, I think the vintage fire truck is a second choice. I'm sure someone will want it but I don't know how much higher they can go - unless its another car...

Still, maybe you should hold out a little longer for something greater.

Best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Ok, whats the deal with the snow globe? There must be some story behind it. Does Alice Cooper collect snow globes? It DOES sound kinda crazy. Maybe some rich person in Europe collects them and just happens to have an extra house for trade. Anyway, good luck Kyle. I'm sure your house is right around the corner. JOKER

Anonymous said...

Kyle, My name is Sara, I have been collecting snow globes for about 10 years now. You wouldn't believe how much these things go up in value over time. I purchased a snow globe in Japan 5 years ago. I paid $10(American) for it. It is now worth over $200. I think it might be a good investment for you. Make the trade and hold on to it. Sara from California

Anonymous said...

If you can find a way to get the Air Force Two Tour in contract or some sort of guarantee, then I think it is WAY worth it.
It is the actual thing, the VP's plane.

Politics are hitting it big nowadays, but of course, try to find someone who is willing to trade for it first.

-http://www.707sim.com/air-force-two.html
-http://www.cruisinaltitude.com/photos/af2bfi.htm
-http://www.answers.com/topic/air-force-two

Anonymous said...

Kyle, keep holding out, none of the offers seem that great. And the idea that a building naming is worth a million is ludicrious. I'm in Seattle, I can tell you a building named after me in East Bumwash is worth less than a 6" sandwich at Subway.

On the General Lee, are you hoping for a genuine car from the series or movie, or just a Dodge Chargerof the appropriate vintage?

Anonymous said...

Kyle, First let me say that this whole trading thing is awesome! I wish I would have thought about this BEFORE I bought my house. The snowglobe might be worth the trade. I'm not a snowglobe expert, but I do collect/sell KISS merchandise. This globe was made limited edition. Its hard to find anywhere. I sold one in December for $150. They are in high demand. Be wise, trade for the snowglobe and sell it for BIG money. Your house will soon be on the way. Jack

Anonymous said...

Kyle; eBay Alice and you'll at least have an idea of where you stand. If you want you can use the money to buy lower priced resellable items that more people would be willing to trade for.

I've seen stacks of 1 gram gold bars on eBay, (beats a red paperclip), and other items. You could "fulfill" peoples need for trades by buying items off of eBay in exchange for the items they currently have available.

And in the end, cash isn't so bad if you eventually trade it for a house.

- NeedyGuy

Anonymous said...

this is way cool. I like Meghan from Tumbleweeds offer, the building named after you! who wouldn't want that? freakin sweet. good luck with your house!

Anonymous said...

FI-RE EN-GINE
FI-RE EN-GINE
FI-RE EN-GINE
!!!1!!

Anonymous said...

I would go for the fire truck. For one thing, it's something you can acctually put a price on. Plus, I bet so many people deep down inside have always had a longing for owning their very own firetruck! But, what do I know. I'm just a kid. :P

Anonymous said...

Go for the firetruck!!!! It would be soo cool to own your own firetruck

Anonymous said...

Its either fire truck or lottery tickets (since you could possible win enough to but a house, plus if you get down to last one and no house won, you could start over with 1 lottery ticket :P)

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else think that some of the people that write comments are the people or friends of the people that are offering stuff?? The guy who is telling you to trade for the snow globe for example....sell it for big bucks he says! HA HA HA thats funny......BEWARE the comment board!!

Anonymous said...

Kyle, you're a genius, but I think you took a couple of steps backwards with this Alice Cooper dealio. Take the Firetruck and I think you'll be back on track. Best of luck! Chris (Louisville, KY)

Anonymous said...

I would think that you'd get an offer for that Nashville airplay. Surely there's a budding star out there that wants their big chance. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Which Wednesday is Kyle going to make his next trade? I thought it was the 24th of May, but I must be wrong. Otherwise, I say go the fire truck.

Anonymous said...

Kyle must have been out partying with Alice... where's the update, Kyle?

Anonymous said...

You rock!!!!! Hell I will give you a years free dinners at "carlos O Kellys"! (have you heard of it?)I just want to meet you! Come to good ole Nebraska and We have a box full of paperclips we will give you! Hell lets get our own country!!!!If I cant meet you PLEASE think of me when you get to meet Oprah!!!

Anonymous said...

this is cool, mate id offer u a weeks accomodation sleeping on my lounge...here in Australia...hell i might even let ya shag one of the neighbours sheep..if u wanna get that "kiwi experience"...

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you.... The RED paperclip is NOTHING without the GREEN one...Think about it.