If so, then welcome to the club. My name is Kyle MacDonald. My birthday is October 3 and this is the official October 3 birthday club.
Fact: 6 billion / 365 = 16 million -- that means there are about 16 million people on the planet who share a birthday on October 3!
If you're lucky enough to be born on October 3, then you can "officially" join the club by sending proof that you were born on October 3 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send an email something and I'll sign you up!
If October 3 is your birthday, then your parents probably had a wild New Years Eve. Think about it. 9 Months.
There's lots of fun stuff planned, so keep on the lookout.
I hope talk with all you Oct3ers out there soon!
**Sorry, but if your birthday is not October 3, you can't join.
Sure, it's tacky to join your own club, but you gotta start somewhere...
Famous People Born on October 3:
· 1804 - Allan Kardec, founder of a doctrine/religion known as Spiritism or Kardecism.
· 1873 - Emily Post, etiquette advisor (d. 1960)
· 1880 - Warner Oland, actor (d. 1938)
· 1897 - Louis Aragon, French writer (d. 1982)
· 1898 - Leo McCarey, American movie director (d. 1969)
· 1899 - Gertrude Berg, actress (d. 1966)
· 1900 - Thomas Wolfe, author (d. 1938)
· 1916 - James Herriot, veterinarian, author (d. 1995)
· 1919 - James M. Buchanan, American economist
· 1925 - Gore Vidal, American author
· 1936 - Steve Reich, American composer
· 1938 - Eddie Cochran, singer (d. 1960)
· 1941 - Chubby Checker, American popular musician
· 1946 - Biff Henderson, Late Show with David Letterman
· 1947 - John Perry Barlow, American musician
· 1949 - Lindsey Buckingham, musician
· 1950 - Pamela Hensley, actress
· 1951 - Keb' Mo', blues singer
· 1951 - Dave Winfield, Baseball Hall of Famer
· 1954 - Dennis Eckersley, Baseball Hall of Famer
· 1954 - Al Sharpton, minister, politician
· 1954 - Stevie Ray Vaughan, guitarist (d. 1990)
· 1959 - Fred Couples, American golfer
· 1962 - Tommy Lee, American rock musician
· 1965 - Jan-Ove Waldner, Swedish table tennis player
· 1969 - Gwen Stefani, singer, No Doubt frontwoman
· 1973 - Neve Campbell, Canadian actress
· 1976 - Seann William Scott, actor
October 3 Historical Dates
2400 BC - AD 1899
· 2333 BC - Legendary date of the establishment of the Kingdom of Chosun (Korea)
· 42 BC - First Battle of Philippi: The Triumvirs Mark Antony and Octavian fight an indecisive battle with Caesar's assassins Brutus and Cassius. Although Brutus defeats Octavian, Antony defeats Cassius.
· 1283 - Dafydd ap Gruffydd, prince of Gwynedd in Wales, becomes the first person executed by drawing and quartering
· 1574 - Siege of Leiden lifted by the Watergeuzen - foundation of the first Dutch university
· 1712 - Duke of Montrose issues a warrant for the arrest of Rob Roy MacGregor
· 1739 - The Treaty of Nissa is signed by the Ottoman Empire and Russia at the end of the Russian-Turkish War, 1736-1739.
· 1789 - George Washington proclaims the first Thanksgiving Day
· 1863 - Thanksgiving Day declared as the last Thursday in November by President Abraham Lincoln.
· 1918 - King Boris III of Bulgaria takes the throne
· 1929 - The Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes is renamed to Kingdom of Yugoslavia, "Land of the South Slavs".
· 1932 - Iraq gains its independence
· 1935 - Italy invades Ethiopia under General de Bono (replaced November 11 by Pietro Badoglio)
· 1942 - Germany tests the first V-2 rocket
· 1951 - New York Giants beat the Brooklyn Dodgers 5-4, winning the National League pennant, with Bobby Thomson's three-run homer called "The Shot Heard 'Round the World"
· 1952 - United Kingdom successfully tests a nuclear weapon
· 1960 - The Andy Griffith Show debuted
· 1962 - At Cape Canaveral the Mercury 8 blasted off with Astronaut Wally Schirra aboard for a nine-hour flight
· 1964 - Underdog debuts on CBS.
· 1981 - The Hunger Strike by Irish Republican Army prisoners at the Maze jail in Belfast ends after seven months and 10 deaths.
· 1990 - The re-unification of Germany. East Germany ceases to exist.
· 1993 - Battle of Mogadishu: In an attempt to capture officials of warlord Mohamed Farrah Aidid's organization in Mogadishu, Somalia, 18 US Army Rangers and about 2000 Somalis are killed. US forces withdraw from Somalia shortly thereafter.
· 1995 - O. J. Simpson found not guilty of murder.
· 2004 - The Montreal Expos play their last major league baseball game before the franchise is moved to Washington, D.C.